Three Isles Tour – Mull, Iona & Staffa
Duration: 10 Hours
Discover the wonders of three Scottish islands in one day!
Journey through the stunning scenery of the Isle of Mull, delve into the ancient history of Iona then onto the unique Isle of Staffa to see the geological wonders of Fingal’s Cave and, until early August, the opportunity to see its nesting puffins.
The Three Isles Tour departs at 0955 from Oban Ferry Terminal on the CalMac ferry, crossing the Firth of Lorn to Craignure on Mull where you join your coach. On the coach journey you’ll hear fascinating commentary about the beautiful scenery you’re traveling through and the history of the island. The route through Mull is via Glen More to Fionnphort where you board the ferry for the Isle of Staffa. After landing on Staffa and visiting Fingal’s Cave, we sail south to the Isle of Iona. Visit Iona Abbey, the Benedictine nunnery and the Reilig Oran – the burial place of kings.
**PLEASE NOTE: You can pre-book tickets for Iona Abbey here **
Before you set off, pick up your tickets from our West Coast Motors Tour Shop at 17 George Street, Oban, PA34 5RU. We are open from 0830 am – 5.30 pm 7 days per week.. Our shop is just five minutes from Oban ferry terminal.
** Please note that very occasionally, itineraries may be subject to change on the day due to circumstances outwith our control **
- 0930 Arrive at Oban ferry terminal ready to board
- 0955 Ferry sails from Oban to Craignure, Mull
- 1041 Arrive in Craignure, Mull
- 1055 Depart Craignure by coach for a tour of Mull
- 1215 Arrive at Fionnphort
One hour on Staffa and approx. two hours on Iona
- 1715 Depart Iona (no later than)
- 1745 Depart Fionnphort
- 1900 Arrive Craignure
- 1925 Boarding at Craignure for Ferry back to Oban
- 1935 Ferry departs Craignure
- 2021 Ferry arrives back in Oban
- Departure times may vary on Saturdays due to ferry capacity limitations, with the tour leaving on the 0800 sailing rather than at 0955. Our team will keep you informed through email of any changes to your tour itinerary.
- Sailings and landings subject to favourable sea and weather conditions.
- We strongly recommend bringing your own food, snacks, and refreshments at this time as food outlets are limited.
Looking to pack even more into your day?
You can now add on our Ocean Conservationist Experience to your Three Isles Tour on the following dates;
April – 15th and 29th
May – 3rd and 24th
June – 10th, 14th and 21st
July – 1st and 22nd
August – 2nd, 9th and 26th
September – 16th, 23rd and 30th
To find out more click here.