Three Isles Tour – Mull, Iona & Staffa
Duration: 10 Hours
Discover the wonders of three Scottish islands in one day!
Journey through the stunning scenery of the Isle of Mull, delve into the ancient history of Iona then onto the unique Isle of Staffa to see the geological wonders of Fingal’s Cave and, until early August, the opportunity to see its nesting puffins.
The Three Isles Tour departs at 1030 from Oban Ferry Terminal on the CalMac ferry, crossing the Firth of Lorn to Craignure on Mull where you join your coach. On the coach journey you’ll hear fascinating commentary about the beautiful scenery you’re travelling through and the history of the island. The route through Mull is via Glen More to Fionnphort where you board the ferry for the Isle of Staffa. After landing on Staffa and visiting Fingal’s Cave, we sail south to the Isle of Iona. Visit Iona Abbey, the Benedictine nunnery and the Reilig Oran – the burial place of kings.
Before you set off, pick up your tickets from our West Coast Motors Tour Shop at 17 George Street, Oban, PA34 5RU. We are open 0900 to 1700 Monday to Friday, and 0900 to 1200 on Saturdays. Our shop is just five minutes from Oban ferry terminal.
- 1010 Arrive at Oban ferry terminal ready to board
- 1030 Ferry sails from Oban to Craignure, Mull
- 1120 Arrive in Craignure, Mull
- 1130 Depart Craignure by coach
- 1215 Arrive at Fionnphort
One hour on Staffa and approx. two hours on Iona
- 1715 Depart Iona (no later than)
- 1735 Depart Fionnphort
- 1845 Arrive Craignure
- 1915 Depart Craignure
- 2001 Return back in Oban
- Departure times may vary on Saturdays due to ferry capacity limitations, with the tour leaving on the 0800 sailing rather than at 1030. Our team will keep you informed through email of any changes to your tour itinerary.
- Sailings and landings subject to favourable sea and weather conditions.
- We strongly recommend bringing your own food, snacks and refreshments at this time as food outlets are limited.